HYBOX Hybrid Rooftop Tent
Tepui is proud to present the first hybrid rooftop system: a rooftop tent and cargo box, now built into one sturdy, easy-access hardshell.
A comfortable tent or a spacious gear container- you no longer have to choose between the two for your vehicle's rooftop. HyBox utilizes Tepui's patented ZipperGimp™ to allow for easy conversion between uses; simply zip on the canopy when you're ready to camp!
Release latches on both ends to open into a pop-up rooftop tent, or open one side for easy access into the cargo storage area.
HyBox provides 23 cubic feet of storage space- more than many other brands' largest containers.
The unique aerodynamic shell design with the Tepui badge embedded in the upper shell provide a fuel efficient and quiet ride. The interior upper is lined with a reinforced quilted insulation for sound damping and cold weather insulation. The patent pending lower shell combines ABS, welded aluminum substructure with unique felt lined honeycomb Tepui Tec polypropylene panels that provide the reinforcement needed to store you or your gear.
The HyBox canopy is an optimum blend of 260g cotton and polyester coated to a waterproof rating of 3000mm yet breathable providing both comfort and protection. The canopy is trimmed out with no-see-em mesh, YKK zippers, and our patented ZipperGimp™ providing the versatility to quickly remove the canopy and convert your trusted shelter into a durable cargo carrier.
The Hybox is equipped with one 8ft-6in telescoping ladder that can be attached on either side of the tent for easy access. The doors to the canopies, when used with the provided window spring rods, act as an awning to provide shelter when entering and exiting the tent. A 2 1/2” 40lb foam mattress with removable cotton cover provide an excellent sleeping pad to help you get the rest you need while on your next adventure. It is also quickly removable when using the HyBox as a cargo carrier.
- Sleeping Capacity: 2
- Seasons: 4
- Size (Closed):
- Exterior: 55" x 84" x 12 3/4" (WxLxH)
- Interior: 52" x 80" x 7" (WxLxH)
- Size (Open):
- Exterior: 55" x 84" x 42 3/4" (WxLxH)
- Interior: 52" x 80" x 37" (WxLxH)
- Sleeping Footprint: 51" x 81" (WxL)
- Black Shell with Green Canopy Fabric: 260g cotton and polyester coated to a waterproof rating of 3000mm
- Mosquito screens: No-see-um mesh screens on all 4 openings (2 doors, 2 windows)
- Rainfly Fabric: N/A
- Mattress: 40lb foam mattress with removable cotton cover, custom fitted to the tent base. 2.5” thick
- Annex Material: N/A
- Annex Area: N/A
- Travel Cover Material: ABS Hardshell
- Weight: 177 lbs
- Base Construction
- Hardshell: 5mm ABS with both UV inhibitors and color fade inhibitors.
- Lower shell: Combines ABS, welded aluminum substructure with unique felt lined honeycomb Tepui Tec polypropylene panels for reinforced support
- Ladder Construction: 8ft-6in Telescoping Aluminum Ladder