MKII Recovery Boards
The Maxtrax MKII is the golden standard of high-quality recovery boards. There is no other product that beats the MKII’s legendary durability, wide color range, innovative mounting options, six glove-friendly handles, and our 15-year track record of manufacturing world-class Australian-made innovative products. We have MKII sets which have seen constant use for almost a decade with no signs of slowing down.
How to use your Maxtrax
After become stuck, use the Maxtrax as a shovel to clear debris from in front of your tires. Wedge the Maxtrax in front of your tires at a 45 degree angle. If in a two wheel drive vehicle, place the Maxtrax in front of which ever set of wheels receive power. In a 4WD vehicle, ensure 4WD is engaged and place in front of the front tires, depending on where the vehicle is most bogged.
Placing them at the front of the vehicle will give you an extra boost of momentum once your rear tires hit the Maxtrax. Once properly placed, slowly begin to accelerate, do not spin your wheels. If the Maxtrax are not engaging, they may need to be repositioned, or more debris may need to be cleared. Once you have traction, maintain momentum until you reach firm ground. Retrieve your Maxtrax and carry on!
- Made in Australia, from Australian materials.
- Made from Australian fiber-reinforced, engineering-grade nylon.
- Lifetime warranty against manufacturing faults and workmanship.
- Six built-in handles and a shovel on each end make Maxtrax perfect for use in sand, snow, or mud.
- Dimensions: 45 inches long and 13 inches wide.
- Weight: 8lbs each (Total shipped weight, 17lbs)
- Height for two stacked: 3.3″, four stacked: 4.6″
- Tested at the University of Queensland to completely wrap around a 33-inch tire without failure, while returning to shape
- Lifetime warranty against faults in materials and workmanship
- Sold as a pair with two tell-tale leashes
- Made in Australia, from Australian materials
- Constructed from Australian-sourced fiber-reinforced, engineering-grade nylon
- With 6 built-in handles and a shovel on each end, Maxtrax are perfect for use in sand, snow, or mud